Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NEW RUSH!

Holy crap!  'Tis that time again to turn on the radio in my car and be completely surprised when I hear a new Rush song.  That hasn't happened since, well, since "Far Cry" was released as a single.  The new song, called "Caravan," was made available on June 1 on the radio and as a digital download with the B-Side, "BU2B".  From what I've heard, both songs will be on the band's forthcoming album, Clockwork Angels, which will see release in 2011.  I know, that's a whole year from now, but at least Rush is throwing us a few bones (or is it rolling the bones?) with the single, a new tour, and a new documentary, Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage, which will see DVD release later this month.

While the new music does sound reminiscent of their last album, Snakes and Arrows, it does continue, in typical Rush fashion, a slow evolution of their sound that progresses through each album.  Most notably, Geddy has added synthesizers back into the mix, which kind of gives an interesting spin on the sound they solidified on their last album.  If you're wondering if it sounds good, hell yeah, it does.  However, I encourage you to find out for yourself.  You can download the two singles on Amazon.  Supposedly, there is a physical disc of the single, but I've heard it's only for those who pre-order the VIP package for their upcoming tour.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment