The past seven days have played hell on me. Of course, Ronnie James Dio's death took a huge toll on my emotions. I committed myself to honoring his legacy all week, focusing on nothing else. I listened to all of my Rainbow, Heaven and Hell, and Dio albums (and bought some new ones to add to my collection). I scoured the internet for tributes. Sometimes, I found more than I bargained for (goddamn hack journalists and midwestern Nazi fucks still piss me off).
I didn't think I would have the time or strength to do anything else. I slept terribly this past weekend, barely getting any sleep. The whole week was a tumultuous rise and fall of emotions. I only played Monster Hunter Tri once, and that was to get a friend of mine interested in playing it. The only real distraction I had was Pac-Man's 30th Anniversary, which begged for its own Forgotten Worlds segment (sadly, the playable Google logo is gone, but it was fun).
I put a couple of things on hold for both of my blogs this week. I'm having a hard time remembering what some of those ideas even were, right now. I think I'm going to take a couple of days to step back, regroup my ideas, and plan my next move here. That's one thing about the Ablogcalypse: sometimes, I put so much work and emotion into a subject that I mentally exhaust myself. The extended segments I've done so far: Last October's Crypt of Doom, my Barbarian Video Games special, and the Dio tribute, were worth the effort, but they leave me tired. It's no wonder I take constant breaks from my blogs.
Maybe I should shift the focus on my writing. While I enjoy blogging, I find it isn't as much of a creative outlet as I would like. Fiction has taken a backseat to blogging - even my RPG projects have been put on hold... again. What I need is to get the creative juices flowing, maybe write a short story. That way, when I get back to blogging, the ideas should come naturally. I'll probably post updates of my progress here, but, unless something really grabs the Kaiser (which might happen, if those dicks at WBC either get some publicity or their asses handed to them), he's taking a short breather.
Besides, there's over 160 posts on the Ablogcalypse. This blog just hit 20. I need to give this place some attention.
There are few things in regards to your life that would make me happier than to see you writing fiction and -really- getting creative again... Really truly.
ReplyDelete