Monday, March 8, 2010

Training to slay beasts for Monster Hunter Tri

I just picked up the demo for Monster Hunter Tri last night.  While I've never played any of the previous games, I am psyched to get this one.  This game is a big hit in Japan, but not so much over here.  Hopefully, this game will garner a solid western audience, because it's, actually, really cool.  You can wander around with your big sword (lance, hammer, or crossbow, depending on your preference), hunting down dinosaurs and dragons in a world that reminds me of the Savage Land, but with a culture of bipedal cats.

On top of that, I pre-ordered the premium bundle, which comes with a black version of the new Classic Controller, which looks more like the PS2 controller (which I'm happy about).  While the controller is a big reason for me getting this (the game, itself, being the other reason), I wish the new controller had a kick ass design on it, say, oh, I don't know... like this one:
Alas, you'll have to import that controller, as I doubt we'll see it Stateside.

If you've never seen the game, or know next to nothing about it, check out this video channel on YouTube.  The first video doesn't have any game footage, but it does have a barbarian showing off his newest trophy from the bed of his pick-up truck.  Plus, I get some credit for each person who clicks the link.  Help a hunter out, will ya'?

P.S. - Check out my "hunter's" license on the side.  Shows my weapon of choice and (so far) my favored monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment