Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where once was one, now two...

Writing for Kaiser Crowbar's Ablogcalypse has been fun, but I've been feeling like he's been too much in the forefront.  I've been identifying myself with him way too much (which is bad, when dealing with fictional characters) and kind of losing my own identity.  Also, I've been losing focus in the original aim of The Ablogcalypse, putting anything and everything on it.  While I do enjoy a lot of the things I post about, a good amount of them just don't belong there.

Ergo, I created a new blog; one that sees a more personal side of me.  Some of you didn't know my real name, until now.  It's a shame, too, because there's more to me than some angry, self-righteous demigod who listens exclusively to metal and sees only two choices for humanity: the well trod road to hell or the less traveled path to glory.  I think it's time you got to see more of who I really am.

A lot of the segments I started on The Ablogcalypse (Games You Should Know About..., Forgotten Worlds, etc.) will be making the move over here.  I enjoyed writing about them, but felt that I was pulling away from the original feel of Kaiser's intent.

Does this mean that changes are in the wind for Kaiser Crowbar?  Yes, but I'm hoping it's for the better.  Kaiser has a story to tell and that's what his blog is for.  The recipe is a strange mix of serious brutality and strange humor that I'm still trying to perfect.  I'm looking into doing videos for the blog, adding another dimension to the Kaiser's story.  It's still far from being a reality, but it's something I want his blog to evolve to.

Of course, not everything is leaving The Ablogcalypse.  There are some things that definitely have a home there.  The question for me right now is where do I divide the line between Kaiser and Jonathan when I want to post something.  To be honest, I've never balanced two blogs before (I even have an idea for a third, but I don't want to get ahead of myself), so that's going to be a work in progress, for me.

Really, this is the place where you'll find out that I am a writer (not published yet, though), an avid old school gamer, just as big of an old school anime fan, a lover of eastern philosophy, and quite a few other things.  So, when you come to pay homage to the might of Kaiser Crowbar, don't forget to say "hi" to the man who created him.

Jonathan Huskey

No comments:

Post a Comment